Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 51

Oh, what a day...

My father-in-law, Prospero (91 years old), was trembling, freezing, vomiting and had major body pain. Given his heart history, we called 911. They treated him at our house, then took him to the hospital, where he was admitted. We are still waiting to hear why he was admitted, although we do know he'll be okay. It would have been interesting to capture the commotion on camera for my blog, but my camera was the last thing on my mind. Although, as the fire truck was driving away, I noticed that the morning sunlight made the red fire truck look stunning. That would have been a great photo! The firemen did give Sophia and Maya a sticker badge though. :)


After Prospero went to the hospital (Rita went with him), the girls and I went to urgent care to been seen for our never ending cold. I also awoke to a bad eye infection. Just our little visit today amounted to all this medicine. The awful thing is that I can't wear my contacts for 10 days. I hate my glasses but am blind otherwise! :(

My sick little Sophia...
And my sleeping, sick little Maya...




5 comments:

Heather said...

(((HUGS))) What an emotionally nerve wracking evening! (((HUGS)))

Jess said...

(BIG HUG) Wow...a little TOO much excitement for you today!

Anna said...

Yikes! All that in one day? Sorry. ((HUG))

Holly said...

Sorry to hear about your stressful day. At least everyone will be ok. I hope all feel better soon!

Tanya said...

Thats alot for one day. Hope they are all doing better today!