Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 9

Sisterly love...


I had originally wanted to do a photo of this cross we have. Alberto's cousin from Hondoras gave it to us for our wedding. I had wanted to get a pretty angle of it or some nice lighting, but that didn't work out. I did do a trick that one of my photo buddy group members had posted about a bounced flash using an index card. I had been struggling to get our yellow walls to show up and not have a flash reflection in the cross. That index card did the trick!

BEFORE:
AFTER:

Sophia watching a ton of birds fly over our house...

And watching a worm wiggle down the sidewalk...

I love the setting on my camera that lets me pick a color and do the rest black & white! Here's Maya after she tipped over on the grass. :)

Not a great shot, but I thought it was so funny how she was sleeping with one leg propped up and holding up the other leg.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Love the first pic. So beautiful. I have been using that index card trick quite a bit too. :)

Sher Johnson said...

YAAA it worked!
i cant take credit for that lesson...it was written by Dawn (photog mom) :)

Jess said...

Great job bouncing the flash...wow, what a difference it makes! And your first photo of the girls is just so sweet! I really enjoyed your shots today!

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried that trick yet. I love how it turned out.

~ Natalie~ said...

Love the first pic, so sweet! Bouncing the flash made a huge difference.

Maggie said...

Way to go on the bounce flash!

Heather said...

Oh very cool. I need to learn how to do that!