Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Day 79

My sister, Stephanie, and I dug up all of the UGLY plants and almost dead rose bushes in my backyard today and planted a bunch of new flowers and plants. One of the pots had the most gigantic rolly-polly I've ever seen. Sophia loved it. Here she is holding it.


Early this morning, Sophia and I planted our new veggie garden. A friend of mine is letting me borrow a book called Lasagna Gardening. It's about creating a layered foundation for your garden. Her garden has been thriving, so we are giving it a try. We started small, with some lettuce, parsley, oregano, basil, radishes & chives.
Maya went down the slide for the first time. Even with Alberto holding her the entire way (and going slow) she really didn't know what to think of the experience.


On the other hand, Sophia has been playing on her slide and swing set nonstop for the last few days.





4 comments:

Vanessa said...

great photos..cute kids!! love the little roly poly olie :)

jessstephkylesmom said...

wow that is one big roly poly!

Jess said...

Your kids are SO CUTE!!! I love the shot of your garden! S looks so proud!

Maggie said...

rolly pollies...I loved playing with those things.