Friday, May 25, 2007

Day 82

My sister and I finished up the flowerbeds in the backyard. While watering, we displaced a bunch of ants, who grabbed their eggs and ran. You may need to click to enlarge the photo, but you can see the ant growing inside the egg in the top right.


We trimmed a bunch of the overhang from the neighbor's yard that was putting too much shade over our lemon tree. They have a gigantic bird of paradise and the leaves were as tall as me. I propped them against our big hedge to make a fort for Sophia and Maya.





4 comments:

Jess said...

WOW! Great shots Rachel! The first one is so cool because you never see ants (usually) that close! And the photos of your girls are adorable! They look like they're on an African Safari!

Maggie said...

Gret ant capture even if it gives me the creepy crawlies!!

Laura said...

OMG!!! The first picture made my jaw drop! How cool... yet creepy all at once! LOL

Heather said...

Oh gosh!! That first shot is amazing!