Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 103

It was a fun photography morning for us today! My dad told me about this website http://www.outdoorphotographer.com that had good information on it. It has a very interesting How To section. I was reading this morning about getting up close to photo subjects. The article suggested to pick a 20x20 foot area and spend an hour (we did a 1/2 hour) looking for things to shoot up close. Here is what I came up with! You can see more details by clicking on the photos.


Ants walking by our strawberries.
A fly on our lemon tree. I really like how you can see the shadow of his wings and even his little hairs.
A different fly-like bug on our lemon tree.
Prior to our photo time, Sophia had fun on her bouncy ball. I think it is so funny to watch her on it. I liked this shot because she was mid-bounce and her ponytail is sticking straight up. You can see Liberty coming after her (he thinks it's his ball).
Liberty tried to get the ball and it made Sophia cry. She wasn't hurt...just alittle drama. She had stopped crying when I took this photo and was actually starting to giggle, but still had a tear.

Sophia took photos of the ants and strawberries with her camera.

This is how Maya was sleeping when I checked on her this morning. This is the perspective from when I walk in the room and look down. She was sound asleep!

6 comments:

jessstephkylesmom said...

Love the macro shots, poor sophia! Um..Maya sure doesn't look comfortable! LOL!

mom2themoose said...

Those are fantastic shots today! Love them all!!!
:)

Heather said...

Wow...omigosh Rachel...those are some amazing captures of the bugs!!!

Holly said...

Wow! What a great little project! Maybe we should use that for a theme! Great idea! Love the ants.

Sher Johnson said...

great Macro shots!!!!

Maggie said...

Sophias a budding photographer...yea! How do kids SLEEP like that?? lol